Essential Oils are so much more than just something that smells nice! They are incredible for your health – physically and emotionally. Many of the oils I use, I now trust my intuition to guide me to which oils I need. This is how I choose my oils for what I wear for the day as well as any we use for bedtime back rubs and also for cooking!
The Oils I have been using to support and continue with my personal development and growth journey this year are:
- Balance – The Oil of Grounding (Grounding blend)
- Bergamot – The Oil of Self Acceptance
- Breathe – The Oil of Breath (Respiratory blend)
- Cedarwood – The Oil of Community
- Citrus Bliss – The Oil of Creativity (Invigorating blend)
- Clary Sage – The Oil of Clarity and Vision
- Console – The Oil of Consolation (Comforting blend)
- Copaiba – The Oil of Unveiling
- Deep Blue – The Oil of Surrendering Pain (Soothing blend)
- DigestZen/ZenGest – The Oil of Digestion (Digestive blend)
- Douglas Fir – The Oil of Generational Wisdom
- Elevation – The Oil of Joy (Joyful blend)
- Forgive – The Oil of Forgiving (Renewing blend)
- Frankincense – The Oil of Truth
- Geranium – The Oil of Love and Trust
- Hope – The Oil of Overcoming
- Jasmine – The Oil of Sexual Purity and Balance
- Lemon – The Oil of Focus
- Lemongrass – The Oil of Cleansing
- Lime – The Oil of Zest for Life
- Litsea – The Oil of Manifestation
- Tea Tree – The Oil of Energetic Boundaries
- Neroli – The Oil of Shared Purpose and Partnership
- On Guard – The Oil of Protection (Protective blend)
- Past Tense – The Oil of Relief (Tension blend)
- Patchouli – The Oil of Physicality
- Peace – The Oil of Peace (Reassuring blend)
- Peppermint – The Oil of a Buoyant Heart
- Petitgrain – The Oil of Ancestry
- Rose – The Oil of Divine Love
- Rosemary – The Oil of Knowledge and Transition
- Serenity – The Oil of Tranquility (Restful blend)
- Slim and Sassy/Smart and Sassy – The Oil of Inner Beauty (Metabolic blend)
- Siberian Fir – The Oil of Aging and Perspective
- Tangerine – The Oil of Cheer and Creativity
- Whisper – The Oil of Femininity
- White Fir – The Oil of Generational Healing
- Wild Orange – The Oil of Abundance
- Wintergreen – The Oil of Surrender
Here are some additional oils that can help you embrace your true you and most of all, your inner child
- Black Pepper – The Oil of Unmasking
- Cilantro – The Oil of Releasing Control
- Clove – The Oil of Boundaries (this is in On Guard)
- Coriander – The Oil of Integrity
- Cypress – The Oil of Motion & Flow
- Fennel – The Oil of Responsibility (this is in DigestZen/ZenGest)
- Grapefruit – The Oil of Honoring The Body (this is in Smart and Sassy)
- Thyme – The Oil of Releasing and Forgiving
- Ylang Ylang – The Oil of The Inner Child
Some of my most used essential oil diffuser blends within the past month are (2 drops each):
- Citrus Bliss and Clary Sage (Invigorate and Emotional Support)
- Wild Orange, Peppermint and Rosemary (Invigorate – Wake Up The Brain)
- Smart and Sassy and Rosemary (Invigorate – Wake Up The Brain)
- Cedarwood and On Guard (Sleep)
- Cedarwood, On Guard, Petitgrain and Breathe (Sleep)
- Wild Orange and Spearmint (3 drops Wild Orange and 1 Spearmint)
- On Guard and Breathe (Immune Defense, Cleansing, Sleep)
- Balance and Arborvitae (Grounding and Cleansing)
- Bergamot and Arborvitae (Uplifting and Grounding)
- Lemongrass & Siberian Fir/White Fir (Cleansing)
If you are ready to dig into some personal development for yourself I can highly recommend what I have found to be truly inspirational within the past year!
- On January 1st I committed to a new daily routine of writing in my dailygreatness journal planner. Its amazing how much information is up there swirling around in my head. Actually this is maybe one of the reasons I love the movie ‘Inside Out’ so much! 😉 The daily practice morning and night of thinking and writing about what we are greatful for begins massive shifts in our mind, which then affects our daily life. I use my dailygreatness as well as a plain lined paper journal to get my thoughts out when I need to, but also a handy resource to look back on.
- Joel Osteen is an inspirational man who is the preacher of a non-denominational church in Texas. He was recommended to me by a friend, to put it on in the background and just listen. Every single message that he was preaching about, I could feel in my heart and relate to in my life in someway. His message, is truly for everyone and I found resonates with my spiritual heart and soul.
“There’s no greater feeling than being able to help people rise higher and overcome something and feel better about themselves. I think that we’re all made to help others, to lift people up.”- Joel Osteen
- Gabby Bernstein, I was inspired by a friend to pick up this book. One I had on my list for quite a while and after reading I can truly say is an incredible mind opening inspiration. The Universe Has Your Back was truly life shifting for me. This is the first book that I actually read every single page of since I would say early high school. This book is what has reignited a lost part of me, that I now know exactly when I let it slip. To rediscover WHO I am, reconnect with who I was. Learning of the struggles Gabby over came in her life to become the person she is today, wherever you are at in your life journey you can find reassurance, comfort, inspiration and hope with this book to know that life challenges aren’t sent to break us, they are sent to help us grow and become the person we are meant to be who can also live without judgment. Love in love, not in fear. I personally find Gabby’s voice reassuring, very real and raw but also supportive and encouraging. She truly has a way with words. I am excited to read more of her books and love listening to her meditations!
- Sarah Prout I have been following for a about 3 years now. She is a soft natured spiritual teacher who literally went from rags to riches when she rose above domestic abuse and trusted herself. Her story and mindset are inspirational. She recently came out with a book, Dear Universe. I was lucky to receive an electronic advance readers copy of this book and have enjoyed some of her mini meditations. Even something as simple as, “Dear Universe, May I release any feelings of negativity from my body and heart. I now forgive the past and put it behind me. I now move forward into a future of honesty, integrity and joy. So be it, so it is.” Can truly shift the mind from negative to positive, the more you do this, the more in tune with YOU, you will become!
- Rachel Hollis, can I be honest and admit she was someone who at first I was like, nope I do not resonate with her at all… until I read the books 😉 She is real life. Honestly, everything from being a woman, wife, mom and everything in between. Refreshing to read a woman who is not afraid to step up and make it be known. To be completely who she was meant to be, with zero apologies. I read Girl, Wash Your Face and enjoyed it, however when I was lucky enough to receive an advance copy of Girl, Stop Apologizing, this book truly hit my heart and soul. I began being so much more mindful of how often I was apologizing in my daily life, even for things that did not need an apology, like replying back to someone who emailed or messaged me “Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner…” when in truth, I didn’t get back to them sooner because I was dealing with or doing other things or maybe quite honestly I chose to not do anything – either of which is OK and does not require an apology at all.
- Dr Shefali is a brilliant woman who I happened upon after watching a fun video on Facebook. I was busy in the kitchen and an interview with Oprah began playing. She was talking about her newest book, The Awakened Parent. I love her honest, natural approach to consciously parenting. Rising above yelling and trying to control every little thing with our children to move to true happiness where everyone learns patience, to be empowered and also independent as a strong, confident person. I have watched hours of Dr Shefali speak and her parenting style in alignment with how I wanted to be living. It can be frustrating being a parent with those responsibilities alone, also add in the daily of keeping up with the house, meals, laundry, and work. A few tweaks with what you learn from Dr Shefali is a beautiful shift in parenting for parents and kids! What this has taught me is its not just about being an awakened parent, its about living a conscious life.
- A Course In Miracles(ACIM) is a unique spiritual self-study program designed to awaken us to the truth of our oneness with God and Love.” We are able to grow as a person ‘by learning to heal all of our relationships through the inspired practice of forgiveness’. Although I do not consider myself a religious person, I am a spiritual person who completely believes in God. I have my belief’s but I personally do not need a specific church or religion to dictate what I will believe in. What I like about this book is that it really is re-training your mind to reset.
“The purpose of the workbook is to train your mind in a systematic way to a different perception of everyone and everything in the world. The exercises are planned to help you generalize the lessons, so that you will understand that each of them is equally applicable to everyone and everything you see.
The overall aim of the exercises is to increase your ability to extend the ideas you will be practicing to include everything. This will require no effort on your part. The exercises themselves meet the conditions necessary for this kind of transfer.” (W.In.4,7)
- The Gift of a Happy Mother written by Rebecca Eanes is the most recent book I just finished. I honestly have a stack to read through and am so excited. I am grateful to have received an advance copy of this book. Rebecca speaks from the heart in a way any mother can not just understand, but relate to and feel confident in following their own heart when raising their babies in a healthy conscious way, while supporting themselves as well! All throughout the book I found myself being able to relate with the author at various ages and stages of parenthood. A reassuring voice, opportunity to grow and connect with children, parents and real life. Someone to relate to but also learn from. This is a warm hearted, easy read that I also highly recommend.
- Another fav is Dr Mariza’s newest book, The Essential Oils Hormone Solution. Myself having real life success of natural weight loss by supporting my body in a holistic way I was excited to receive this book and dive into it! So many resources, suggestions and options for any hormonal women’s health issue you could imagine. Dr Mariza has real life experience as well with being challenged with her health. Highly recommend for all of the ladies!
Curious… now that Ive shared what has been near and dear to my heart on this personal growth journey (which… psssst is a part of our daily life – we just need to make time for it 😉 ) what books or resources do you love and would recommend?