The other day I was told by a man that I “scare him”. It honestly stopped me for a second and I had to re-gather my thoughts. Also keeping in context my reason for calling… I was promised payment by a specific date by this person . My response was, “don’t make your problems my problems, you lied to me and are not true to your word” which unfortunately in this case is the cold hard facts.
On my personal development journey, being truly authentic has become a very important part of my daily life. Standing by your word, being truthful and honest. This has brought me great peace and joy to my life, however can be very challenging when dealing with other people who are not living an authentic, truthful and honest life.
However it also got me thinking about how there are still so many men (and women) out there who cannot handle a strong woman. Not only a strong woman, but a strong, confident woman who speaks her truth. I admit I haven’t always been this strong. There was a time that I allowed a man to steal a piece of my soul. I have done a lot of work to regain my strength and voice, which I am very proud of. I choose to live an authentic, honest, truthful life and it can be very challenging dealing with others who do not.
Always rise above. As much as I would love to scream and yell at this person and tell the world what a dishonest business man he is – the truth of that is, it only brings my vibe down. After all…
I allowed myself 5 min to feel the anger of being lied to – its real, whether its a man or women in your life who are not true to their word, it hurts. But then I rose back up! Working in what used to be known as a “man’s industry” this isn’t the first time Ive encountered this. Regardless of who the person is – saying I “scare him” is a cowards response to dealing with the truth and I do not lower myself to cowards.
How to Rise Above Unauthentic People
- Play Binaural Beats – ““Binaural beats” are a specific kind of sound that can shape your brain activity to boost your concentration, enhance your creativity, and improve your mood. Listening to binaural beats is a free, safe, and increasingly popular way to help maintain good mental health.” (Source) Here is a great one –> Completely Clear Subconscious Negativity with Binaural Beats & Isochronic Tones
- Oil Up Buttercup – Did you know essential oils are very high frequency and can help raise your vibration when used! I keep a bottle of diluted Frankincense on my desk and this is a time it comes in very handy! No matter what oils you have handy, get them on you and you will begin to feel yourself begin to turn around.
- Meditation – This is a beautiful practice to get into daily no matter who or what age you are. It helps calm the brain, re-align your thoughts and raise your consciousness.
- Journal – We all have feelings and lets be honest if someone truly rubs you the wrong way (in an emotional sense) this can be upsetting, especially if you are someone who is living an authentic, honest life. Journaling can help release these feelings onto paper so they are no longer swirling around in your head.
- Be Confident – There may be times that you have to stand your ground and be very firm. Years ago we had a male elderly customer who was not very respectful to women at all. After being rude to two of my female co-workers one too many times, I very firmly told him that if he could not respect the women in our office, we would not be doing any more business with him and asked him (and his wife) to please leave our office. If you allow yourself to be vulnerable to these bully’s they will continue to treat you this way.
- Avoid Energy Vampires – Continue living in your truth – follow your heart, do not let anyone drag you down or lower your vibration. Energy vampires like to blame everyone else for their problems and want to bring you down to their lower frequency. “Hurt people, hurt people”. The work they need to do is within themselves and no one but them, can help them. Their actions, lies etc are a direct reflection of them – not you!
- Eat Healthy and Sleep Sound – When our body and brains are fueled by healthy food and we are well rested, we are naturally stronger to block or avoid negativity or energy vampires from getting into our personal space and when we are affected by energy vampires, we can more easily bounce back to where we need to be!
- Live In The Here and Now – Leave everything in the past and live in the now. Dwelling on anything in the past, or what you should have said or did, will bring you further down. The past is in the past, look to the future. Be grateful. Take responsibility for your own life.
- Trust Your Intuition – That feeling in your gut that you get when you are nervous or scared, can also happen with people in general. Its unfortunate but there is a lot of people out there who live day to day in lies. If this is something you want to repell from your life, learn to trust your gut instinct.