I haven’t truly celebrated this number! However back in the summer, I hit this milestone in my health and wellbeing! 70lbs naturally shed from my body and at 40 years old I feel the best I ever have in my physical and mental health!
Let me share with you what worked for me! Honestly it’s been a journey.
It has sadly been a battle between me and my body/health that began, from what I remember, in my early teens. Food was a comfort for me, but not just that it also became a weapon against me that I didn’t truly realize or understand until 2 years ago. I have had digestive challenges since my early teens, as well as feelings of anxiety and depression. Food was my comfort, but also the trigger. Clothes shopping was daunting. It was not fun at all. It was actually quite depressing whether it was clothes or bras. I truly felt like my body was against me. The search and cost for bras alone was depressing. Why couldn’t I be “normal”… now I ask “who determined what normal is?”… everyones normal is SO different!
- Leaned into my curiosity of holistic health options – began learning about what options were out there and why its important to know what is going into your body. I chose to lean into essential oils and began weaning myself off over the counter meds that I had been using for many many years for the pain and discomfort I was experiencing.
- 2015 began taking high quality supplements – vitamins, minerals and omegas
- 2016 Nov-Dec completed my Reiki 1 Certification – did you know that our energy in our body affects our physical health!? Check out this link, I found it years ago and truly appreciate this information! It totally does and what I experienced in January, I am confident my Reiki training and receiving of Reiki treatments helped in this shift in my life!
- 2017 January did a very gentle cleanse and restore to rid my body of toxins and chemicals. The weight began melting off of me. As a part of this cleanse I stopped eating any processed foods. This was significant!
- 2017 approx I began taking Yoga Classes and although it felt so challenging for me, I stuck with it. I signed up with a friend who motivated me to keep going and I did for a long while. I truly attribute part of my success to yoga helping to strengthen my body.
- 2019 I hit the 60lbs mark of total weight lost!!!
- 2019 Late Summer a spleen health issue that pushed me to investigate my IBS challenges. November went Gluten Free and have found some other things I need to avoid (cashews, pistachios and some others). Digestive Enzymes are my friend!
- 2020 February I completed my Reiki 2 Certification.
- 2021 March I jumped into the beach body world and amazed myself at how I was able to create strength and begin building a lean body. I honestly was not focused on the scale, I was focused on inches – toning up, strengthening and releasing fat.
- 2021 June – Allergy and Sensitivity Testing – Confirmed wheat, cows dairy and found out also tomatoes, peanuts, corn, all food colour additives, and some others. This felt challenging.
- 2021 August – Hit 70 lbs total loss! LOVING my body SO damn much and SO proud of what I have achieved but honestly most of all, HOW GOOD I FEEL!
- 2021 September – Master Reiki Course. I felt the shift. I embrace the shift. The first week was interesting and energetically slightly challenging however much thanks to my Reiki Practitioner and Life Coach ♥️
Here’s the thing. We are ALL different. Our bodies are all different. If I could give you encouragement in anyway, lean in and learn to get quiet with your body. Then listen. Listen as you do your daily things, you will begin to hear that quiet voice.
You may go through seasons. I know I do and although in the past I would get upset with myself for not “sticking” with it. Example, I joined beachbody at a healing point in my life, in a few ways. I truly loved it and enjoyed every exercise. Sadly due to a rib that likes to slip out at my collar bone I was forced to rest, this was a highly stressful time as we also found out at this time that my husband would require another surgery. I began sinking. I then felt horrible that I wasn’t doing my daily exercise to keep myself in shape.
What I know now more than ever, everything goes in seasons and that’s ok! During this time I have continued to strengthen my body and without trying I have reached this new achievement which I CELEBRATE wholeheartedly ♥️♥️♥️. I haven’t forgotten about my previous strength goals and know I will be back at it soon! Its ok to take AND enjoy this break!
The end of summer, my daughter and I went shopping. I had a gift certificate to use at a local fav store near our family cottage. I will admit, I used to feel intimidated by this store, not because of the people at all, because of years of emotional trauma with my body and trying to find clothes that would not just fit but that I felt comfortable in and that I truly loved myself in. I not only found Jean’s that I love, my daughter did as well and I don’t think I’ve ever been this healthy size.
I had another pair of the same brand at home that was from before I was pregnant with our son, so prob 17 yrs ago. My husband suggested I try them on, me thinking they would still be way too tight on me (this is what our ego likes to do to us…). I tried them on and not only did they fit, they were too big… by 6″!
I saw this on Insta and it fits perfectly…