2020 has been a lot of things. What I am taking out of this, is how it brought an abundance of time, clarity, organization, personal development and fun to my (our life).
Yes it’s been much less “busy”. Much less people. Weekends with plans of being home.
Its brought a whole new realization in life of what truly is important. What each of us and together value and appreciate. Back to the basics.
There’s been resistance. Is it fair, no. I especially feel for so many businesses shut down. There is so much of this “current life” that is straight up not fair. But that’s not what this blog is about! 🙂
I am SO stoked to see people choosing empowered health. Choosing to invest in their health and understand the importance of this!
For the past couple years, amid our major home renos I took a step back from actively building my wellness business. I chose to first support myself and my family and also provide support to my current customers who I knew I could continue supporting with my time constraints. My wellness community, however has continued to naturally grow and for that I am so proud.
I am so proud and happy for people when they make that decision to take a step up. To step into EMPOWERED HEALTH! Rising above the “norm” of what many of us have known to be for years.
If I was honest, I would say thinking of making significant shifts then (over 10 yrs ago), of what I talk about now. My gosh I would have felt totally overwhelmed. So I took baby steps, I took the initiative to learn about what my body needed and figured out how to get it. I am a fact investigator. But more importantly, I now base my health and my family’s health on HOW we feel! No longer “treating” symptoms, but aligning with getting to the actual root of WHY!
I love that people are seeing so much value with prioritizing their health. Last month doTERRA, the essential oil company I am aligned with, had an awesome BOGO Sale! It was an awesome opportunity to buy 5 oils and get 5 for free!!! All of which had amazing physical and emotional health benefits, especially for this time of year!
It’s awesome to see people realizing it’s so much more than what the government is telling us to do. Hand washing, which we should always have been doing, wearing masks and physically distancing. Hearing from people who are realizing this isn’t what keeps us healthy!
What keeps us healthy is LIVING A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE. Choosing to eat real foods, drink water. Get sleep, relaxation, organization within our homes, learning to listen to our body. Treat the root problem vs the symptoms.
Actions and consequences. Truly.
For example, when I began with Holistic Health, prior if I had a headache, the norm is reach for an over the counter med. I can admit, I took these far to regular, many days it was daily to deal with the pain and discomfort I was living with and in. Now, if I get a headache or feel anything within my body, I do a body scan to figure out WHY. There is always a root cause whether its physical or emotional. Also remember, physical also means what we eat, drink and products we use in our home which can cause a physical response.
Being a virgo, perhaps it comes naturally to want to know, research, learn. For years however, I ignored this longing, deep down and followed the “norm”. Im so excited for those of us who have risen up and continue to rise up. Whether you have been on this journey for years or are just beginning today – Kudo’s to you for prioritizing your health, the journey is so well worth it!!!
If you are looking to get started I can happily direct you in a couple ways.
- Essential oils are in an unregulated industry, which means this puts the onus on you the customer to do your own due diligence and research. For this I completely trust doTERRA Essential Oils. My family has been using them for over 6 years and they have helped transform and re-shape our everyday life and health in our home.
- My new FAV store in town – The Eco Den. Someone who I met when the store opened and trust her opinion greatly with her background in nursing. They also ship across Canada!!!
- Start by looking at ingredients on the products you buy. Especially anything that goes IN or ON your body. (Hint even anything with a “smell” to it)
- Cook real food – avoid food in pre-packaged boxes or pre-cooked. Also beware of ingredients on even “real” food that are used as preservatives ie hams.
- HOW do you feel when you eat, drink or use a product. If you were like me over 6 years ago, I ignored how I felt and powered through – this is not how our bodies or minds are meant to be treated. Take this time to really get in touch even more deep within and listen to those gentle pulls on your heart. Commit to doing a deep dive within yourself. A planner and a journal are helpful for this! I highly recommend the DailyGreatness Planner and have a 10% off code for you! Meditating can also be helpful with this, to bring yourself into alignment.