The past over 4 months has had its ups and down. Alot of fear and worry. I began to sink pretty low. There was SO much unknown. So much fear. School was cancelled in an instant. Kids forced to stay home and feared to be around anyone, or even leave the house.
My husband and I both work in a profession that is deemed “essential” so we have been working the entire time. The mom guilt I felt those first 3 weeks was overwhelming. Along with the fear, worry, sadness, confusion.
Family functions forcibly cancelled. Along with the kids sports. Well sports in general. The world felt like it came to a roaring halt. I could feel the fear when I shopped for necessities. Also now looking back, grossly over spending, that was purely fear spending.
- I have felt very confused this entire time. Simply because I know first hand that if the government truly cared about its people, they would begin making logical changes to the various products we use each and everyday. Many of which have some life altering side effects or lasting results. Speaking completely from my own health experiences my health truly began to thrive when I finally said no to only the “modern medicine” way and began empowering my own health naturally. The effects were phenomenal and still are. Ingredients in our cleaning, home, body, food, drink products matter in a very big way for our health. Yes there are times modern medicine is required, of course. However first step, the government is worried about people’s health and the potential damage this virus could cause to people… begin banning these toxins from our products that DO cause negative health issues. Enforce stricter food guidelines for how food is made, ingredients that are in the products. I know higher quality equates to higher costs for production etc. This is however where we could then shift, the government could offer businesses incentives for improving their ingredients, for removing the toxic damaging ingredients that for example many are endocrine disruptors, they can affect our mental and physical health. A recent article in the US is about the FDA Warning Against 9 Hand Sanitizers That May Contain a Toxic Ingredient. Why were the products allowed to be sold in the first place? If the government knows about how tragic and costly Endocrine Disruptors are, why are they allowed as ingredients in products? Is the mighty dollar worth more than our health to a business? This personally hits home for me and is very concerning.
- People were being told to stay away from each other, seniors in retirement and nursing homes literally left alone with no one to personally advocate for their health. Children having to attend appointments alone because only 1 person is allowed in. The reasoning given is because its too dangerous for an extra person to be in close proximity. Even if not showing any symptoms. Isn’t it more dangerous for a loved one to not have someone as a 2nd set of ears for them at appointments, or when a senior forgets to tell the medical professional one or two important details of what they were experiencing. A child going in for a dental appointment, in this situation I am grateful for small town rural living, knowing and trusting the people my child would be in the care of, also knowing they would communicate with me as his mother. Had we lived in the city, I would be 100% not ok with this. Purposely limiting human connection, interaction, can be just as damaging as a virus that causes physical illness. Social isolation, loneliness in older people causes health risks.
“For example, loneliness may alter the tendency of cells in the immune system to promote inflammation, which is necessary to help our bodies heal from injury, Dr. Cole said. But inflammation that lasts too long increases the risk of chronic diseases.“
“Loneliness acts as a fertilizer for other diseases,” Dr. Cole said. “The biology of loneliness can accelerate the buildup of plaque in arteries, help cancer cells grow and spread, and promote inflammation in the brain leading to Alzheimer’s disease. Loneliness promotes several different types of wear and tear on the body.”
People who feel lonely may also have weakened immune cells that have trouble fighting off viruses, which makes them more vulnerable to some infectious diseases, he added.“
3. We were 3 months into this pandemic when our county was mandated to wear mandatory masks. The first notice that came out stated that every single person in the business/commercial space had to wear a mask. Even if people weren’t directly near each other. We had been working the ENTIRE time. When the numbers were at the all time high. We were being consciously aware of what we were all doing, practicing proper hygiene, using common sense and respecting each others personal space.
4. There has been alot of people coming forward about numbers not being correct. We know of two real in life people who experienced this. One was sick, went for a test because this person works with the public, was told by the nurse that he would be tested for covid-19 and it didn’t matter if he tested positive or negative, he would be marked down as positive. The other, a friend, awesome guy and dad, his life threatening heart surgery was cancelled because of this covid-19 pandemic. There were no cases in the hospital, to my knowledge I don’t think there was any in the town even. Yet all surgery’s, were cancelled. He unfortunately experienced a heart attack and a week later passed. The nurse asked his family if they wanted this marked as a Covid-19 death, which they promptly and firmly expressed it was not a covid death, he died because of the covid-19 restrictions, but he tested negative upon admittance into the hospital.
5. Mandatory masks with children – still no definite back to school plans, although the Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto wrote a wonderful article of their recommendations for back to school. What I could easily see happening if children were expected to go back to school with the current “mandates” wearing a mask and socially distancing, the emotional effects would be far more devastating to the physical effects. Especially when kids do get sick, all the time. Honestly, a week before the “world shut down” my son was sick. He rarely gets sick, both of the kids rarely do. This took him down hard from Sunday to Tuesday, began showing much more positive shifts by Wednesday, even better Thursday but still not 100%. Friday much better, however it was announced on Thursday that after school Friday, classes would not go back until 2 weeks after March Break. So we didn’t send him, what was the point if the virus was that serious, its not ‘worth risking it’. Chances are, that could have been what he had. Honestly, something got me late February and early March. I take supplements, that have drastically improved my own health and immune system. However I went and got Vitamin C from our local eco store, stocked up on my On Guard + and took the soft gels regularly,
6. If the virus is that deadly, why do people have to be tested to see “if they have it”? If its that easily transmitted why isn’t there hazard disposal bags for masks, gloves, wipes etc?
This virus has caused so much division. Especially when the facts simply do not line up. All the way along being told life wont go back to “normal” until there is a vaccine. Yet hundreds of thousands of people have healed from this virus! Thousands of people die each year from Influenza. There is an optional vaccine, which me and my family have never taken and choose not to. So why is this suddenly needed, if people are healing!? This is what does not make sense to me. To bring in mandated mandatory masks, does legit have me worried that the next step will be a mandatory vaccination. Something I personally do not support. Yes I have my own health issues, yes I used to have a weakened immune system, yes I have elderly family members I love dearly, yes I have family members with health issues, yes I have children.
I firmly believe everyone must take ownership for their own health. The government needs to stand up and remove known harmful toxins and chemicals from the products on the shelves in our stores. That is a first step to improving the health of our nation, not a mask which covers a persons face. Honestly it reminds me of a muzzle. Have you ever been in an abusive relationship? If you have you will know that feeling in comparison to a muzzle. The government is not forcing us to wear masks for the better of our health, or to “save us”, to protect our health. If they cared, those various products, foods etc and their ingredients would be banned. Cigarettes which cause so many major health problems in people of all ages, would be banned, but they aren’t. People who work in a public commercial space have to wear their mask through the store to walk outside, to have their cigarette. Which don’t get me wrong that is entirely their choice. Just like me taking care of my health in MY way is my choice. Myself and my children, my husband are all vaccinated. I am in no way antivax, however I am VERY pro choice when it comes to our health, especially given my own health experiences.
For those who think its all about the mask, just wear the mask whats the problem. Who have said “well you wont care about the doctor and nurses not wearing masks in the operating room” or “cooks and food servers not having to wash their hands after using the bathroom because that is their choice”. Those statements are pure ignorance, there is no comparison. An operating room is sterile, a person’s body is being opened up into that environment, clearly that’s extremely different than going to a grocery store. Or cooking and serving food, that will be consumed by someone, why wouldn’t someone be expected to wash their hands after using the bathroom? This is common sense. This is expected by everyone and yet we cannot guarantee that people do this, or even did this before this virus came into our living. What did we do before? People got sick, “flu season” was a huge marketing ploy by big pharma with the over the counter med’s. Many of which shouldn’t be used with various medications, but who reads all that fine print…
You are missing a very key factor – what do children do as they grow, they ask a LOT of questions, and keep asking over and over, this is how they learn. Sure we could take what the government says, what health officials say and take their word as the only way, the only solution. Sure that’s an option…
An option that if I had solely relied on like I did for over 30 yrs of my life, my health would be at risk even more than it was back in 2014 before I made the shift. Am I immune from ever getting sick or ill, nope. No one is, but I choose to be proactive in my health, mental and physical. I choose to be that person who questions, who says I don’t care that “this” is the norm, I want to find what works for ME! I choose to know the ingredients, to follow my body’s example and learn what is best and what is not. There is no magic pill for perfect health, its a life long journey, where we will stumble, fall, but the best part is the strength of standing up. The power of being empowered and truly in control of the one thing you have control over… our self!
I can admit I am not a big science person, however… I am a big numbers person!
As of today the CDC states there is 3,761,362 total Covid-19 cases in the US with 140,157 deaths. Tragic yes to see that many deaths. This gives a 99.96% recovery/survival rate. On the CDC website they state that if you test positive for an antibodies test…
If you test positive
- A positive test result shows you may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. However, there is a chance a positive result means that you have antibodies from an infection with a virus from the same family of viruses (called coronaviruses), such as the one that causes the common cold.
- Having antibodies to the virus that causes COVID-19 may provide protection from getting infected with the virus again. If it does, we do not know how much protection the antibodies may provide or how long this protection may last.
- Talk with your healthcare provider about your test result and the type of test you took to understand what your result means. Your provider may suggest you take a second type of antibody test to see if the first test was accurate.
- You should continue to protect yourself and others since you could get infected with the virus again.
- If you work in a job where you wear personal protective equipment (PPE), continue wearing PPE.
- You may test positive for antibodies even if you have never had symptoms of COVID-19. This can happen if you had an infection without symptoms, which is called an asymptomatic infection.
Source – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/testing/serology-overview.html
From the CDC website, in a memo from March it stated:
Should “COVID-19” be reported on the death certificate only with a confirmed test?
COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have causedor contributed to death. Certifiers should include as much detail as possible based on their knowledge of the case, medical records, laboratory testing, etc. If the decedent had other chronic conditions such as COPD or asthma that may have also contributed, these conditions can be reported in Part II. (See attached Guidance for Certifying COVID-19 Deaths)
This is a very informative chart, granted its for the US, however their numbers are ‘much higher’ than here in Canada.
Age of Coronavirus Deaths
We are collecting and analyzing the data from all US States. In the meantime, below we show the data provided by New York City Health as of May 13, 2020:
|AGE||Number of Deaths||Share of deaths||With underlying conditions||Without underlying conditions||Unknown if with underlying cond.||Share of deaths|
of unknown + w/o cond.
|0 – 17 years old||9||0.06%||6||3||0||0.02%|
|18 – 44 years old||601||3.9%||476||17||108||0.8%|
|45 – 64 years old||3,413||22.4%||2,851||72||490||3.7%|
|65 – 74 years old||3,788||24.9%||2,801||5||982||6.5%|
|75+ years old||7,419||48.7%||5,236||2||2,181||14.3%|
|TOTAL||15,230||100%||11,370 (75%)||99 (0.7%)||1,551 (24.7%)||25.3%|
The pre-existing conditions mentioned in this chart are Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, Chronic Respiratory Disease, Hypertension, Cancer.
There are currently 14,844,353 confirmed cases and 612,795 deaths from the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak as of July 21, 2020, 00:17 GMT. This means the recovery, survival rate of the world is 99.958% !!! Yet… the world was shut down, fear is still being projected to stay away from people even though the government is finally allowing more businesses to open, with intense restrictions. Mandatory masks, gives people a false sense of security. People do not wear them properly, they do not cover their entire mouth/nose – can’t say I blame them because its challenging especially for anyone who has ever experienced anxiety, depression or abuse. And the judgment… what gives everyone a right to judge each other. If wearing a mask and gloves makes you feel more secure, thats your choice. Just like its my choice to choose holistic health, eat foods that do not contain damaging ingredients or wash my clothes, dishes and body in soaps that do not contain endocrine disruptors. Based on the pre-existing conditions MANY people have the choice to choose healthy over convenience, because that is honestly a big part of it. Fast food places, cheaply made products that are deemed “disposable”. We and our world deserve and must demand better.
Bottom line, if the government truly cared, many other things that are allowed would change. Including doing business. Equality for everyone in business without the ability to hide behind a corporation or two or more. To support law in our country (really in the world) but also demand fairness. Put the bad people behind bars, for a very long time. Now is the time for people to be enjoying the extra time at home, but also to not be afraid to question. Without disrespect. Understanding everyone is entitled to their opinion and you know what you know. We learn by allowing our minds to open up and allow more information in. If we are closed off and firmly believe its this way or the highway…
I wouldn’t expect anyone to just read this and think ‘Holy shit Pam knows it all I have to believe everything she says’, not a chance. Its about everyone being individually empowered. I included the links purposely for this reason, if reading any of this even makes you say hmmmm once, explore more.
Ive said to my husband more than once, I do not understand the purpose of the army. He was in the army, albeit before we met. I envision a world filled with peace, love, respect. Clearly there would be ups and downs, that we all constructively learn from, educate ourselves, grow and continue moving forward – no shame, continuous support available for mental health – free for all. Lower income taxes and taxes in general with a restructure of governments. No disrespect to anyone specifically, but lets be real. Also sports players and movie stars, again no disrespect, but were you “essential” during this pandemic? Its probably not necessary for a $50 million dollar contract?! Its the snowball effect, with everything, and don’t get me wrong money is a fantastic tool, but when its falsely inflated with the significant amount of money these “stars” and “athletes” earn and purchase things, think of the housing market how drastically it can raise, because people have it. Who has been deemed “essential”, among the beginning, phase 1, phase 2 and now phase 3.
If you feel 100% confident in what you understand and believe, all the power to you. If you feel that confident why bother trying to force things on me and be judgmental and disrespectful?! There simply is no need. Being empowered with our own health, people can learn to do what works for them. We are all unique. My body interacts with essential oils for many aspects of my health in a very positive way. Since making this shift I have learned alot about what is “normal” and what should be addressed, as peace of mind.