Ive received many comments lately about how “skinny” I am. My initial response was, ‘Thank you’ and lately right after I said that I thought WTF NO… I am not “skinny” I am HEALTHY – there is a BIG difference! When I heard this comment again yesterday, this was my response, “I am healthy!!!”.
The current world we are living in is giving us all an opportunity to take a REALLY good look at our health, happiness, and homes.
I live with multiple auto-immune diseases. Which can make it easy for people to latch on to “having a disease” and their thinking changes, not to how can I fix this but going to the doctor and relying on a doctor to “fix them” or tell them what to do or just not caring at all and doing nothing.
There is ONE person responsible for your health – that is YOU! Just like I am responsible for my own health.
Here is what is scary though… and why I feel its even more important now, in the current world we are living in. The way I shifted MY life, was moving away from TOXIC products that the government ALLOWS to be sold in and enter our country. I didn’t take a magic pill, do any drastic diets, have surgery…
I got healthy by going against the NORM. By FINALLY standing up for ME and saying NO that shit is NOT coming in my house. I started with replacing our over the counter med’s. Which, although health Canada has authorized natural health products in Canada they still do not want us to talk about it… why!? I used to rely on pain meds pretty much every single day of my life. Will I never take them again, never say never. There is a time and place for certain things, everyday isn’t an option I am comfortable with! But, I was very quiet about it back then. I suffered in silence. Like so many other people do. I took the pills the Dr’s kept prescribing and the over the counter meds they said I should take to be comfortable. I hadn’t yet realized that I was the one in control of my body, I deserved to feel good. Everyone does!
- I got healthy by removing toxins and chemicals from our home – cleaning supplies, body wash – soap – shampoo – conditioner, “air fresheners”, fragrance, dish washing soaps, a lot of processed foods, laundry detergent, fabric softener… the list honestly goes on. Start reading the labels and doing your research. Pay attention to how your body feels. Stop using chemicals to clean for a month and then smell your previous cleaner (I avoid that aisle at the grocery store)! Yes some things cost a little bit more. WHAT IS YOUR HEALTH WORTH?
- I completed my Reiki Certification Level 1 (Nov 2016) – if energy cannot properly flow throughout our body we get blockages, these blockages can and do cause physical pain and illness. During my certification (which I kept fairly quiet because I was “worried” what people would say about me, but no longer give a F..) I received and gave multiple Reiki treatments. I have since, in January of this year received my Reiki Certification Level 2.
- I did a cleanse and restore of my digestive system – I did not “have the shits” while doing this. This was a very natural and easy cleanse to help remove build up and toxins from my digestive system and replace with good bacteria. During this time is when I shifted my diet away from processed foods. I also supported my body with high quality vitamins, minerals and omega supplements. It was a family household shift.
- I started doing Yoga, meditating, journaling.
- I started listening to ME, my body, what it was telling me. That it was ok to have ME time. Being a full time working mom with two little ones less than 18 months apart, my own health issues, life in general… my health got worse before it could get better. I can admit now, there was a time I was floundering. Self care is SO important for every single one of us and it’s so simple. Write a list of things you enjoy doing. Now do something on the list. Find enjoyment in “everyday mundane things”, like washing dishes, the perfect opportunity to listen to a podcast or crank the tunes! When you get quiet, your body will communicate with you. Trust in Divine timing.
THIS above is what I did to “get skinny”. I took control of MY health and shifted it. To be honest, I didn’t think it could happen. I was that angry with my body. I was tired of feeling sick and tired. I was coming home after work/school and having zero energy to do anything with my kids and husband. I received a LOT of flack for making this shift, a lot of criticism, a lot of questioning and that I didn’t know what I was doing and should trust the doctors…
The truth of the matter IN MY SITUATION for my health was the doctors wanted me on pills. There was zero follow up, unless I called them, just renewed prescriptions. When I QUESTIONED why I still felt awful and had no energy, I was told I was “in the normal range”. The normal range is bullshit, straight up. Every single one of us is different. I quite frankly do not care if a group of scientists decided that within this “range” people are “fine”. If you do not FEEL fine, you are not fine!
Honestly, I find a lot of health comfort with my essential oils, emotional and physical health and sometimes when things are right in front of us we can overlook them… in various areas of life. With another beautiful reminder to continue leaning in, of not listening to the messages… to trust in me. You know you best. I know me best. I encourage you make the healthiest, honest choices for you! No judgment. We deserve a government, who is already being paid by the tax payers, to make better decisions of the products available and standards within our country. If we truly want to make a difference with our health, the government needs a complete over haul on their standards. But it starts with each of us. We all individually DO hold a lot of power in what we buy, in what we choose to not believe when we learn and know better. When we know better, we do better.
So lets bring this to current… the government at all levels is pushing massive fear into the public which I have been not only against but questioning since the beginning. Below are two links to things I read today that really got me thinking!
Dawna Toews – in her post on FB talks about the truth of this pandemic and how for a very long time people have been dying from the flu/influenza, among other illnesses and health conditions and yet fear was not spread to this severity. People’s mental and physical health have been drastically affected during this pandemic and all the government keeps pushing is to stay home, stay away from people, wear a mask etc… Please take the time to read this post and digest all of the info.
There is reason to believe that the Nova Scotia shooter who went on a shooting rampage killing 22 people, was an agent of some kind. On May 1st, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau today announced the ban of over 1,500 models and variants of assault-style firearms. These models represent nine categories of firearms and two types identified by characteristic. Some of their components are also prohibited. I will be honest, I am NOT a gun person at all. However that being said my husband was in the military and was trained to use some very big guns (see not a gun person…). Something about all of this seems very fishy… WHY would someone going on a shooting spree get $475,000 in CASH… Something is very off and someone or some people in government know about this! This makes me question our government even more.
2020 has been quite the year. Its brought fear, illness, uncertainty… BUT and especially after my distance Reiki session with Krystal last night, I am feeling more aligned with myself again. I realize these comments about being “skinny” felt like a trigger for me. Triggers are our teachers. Don’t get me wrong the people making the comments weren’t being rude. It actually highlighted the fact that I changed my life because of MY choices to say NO to products the government says is OK… and yet is hurting us.
Our lives have been all drastically changed. I’m thankful for the additional evening and weekend time we have had as a family in our home. I am grateful for what we are accomplishing. I am thankful I took the leap and chose healthy.
What is your health worth?
I am thankful for this reminder, of how far I have come and also the importance of everyone being authentic and not afraid of sharing their story and lifestyle. Everyone is different and we ought to embrace our uniqueness and all thrive in health and happiness!
“I am now trading pain for peace”