60lbs shred since beginning this life journey of mine!
I am SO stinkin proud of ME! I knew I was getting close… last week I was 2lbs off.
Here’s the thing… I haven’t made my weight my goal! That has been the result.
My GOAL has been feeling good. Feeling good eating food, drinks, sleep, in my clothes and out. My ultimate goal has never been about “getting skinny” because in my own opinion that’s NOT a healthy goal. Everyone is unique, our bodies, body type, the way we look, feel etc. Including the challenges we face in life.
Ive become a HUGE advocate of “make your mess, your message”!
This morning while getting ready, I pulled out the scale, I just knew I was feeling different, better and then I saw it… the number that put me at 60lbs shred!
To put that into perspective – think of 1 pound of butter… holy crap this makes it so much more real for me when I think of it this way… now put 60 of those on my body… OMFG!!!
What was my mess, well you could read back through my blog. My health, my ignorance towards my health, my energy, my lifestyle was a mess, relationships suffering… Years ago before we were able to conceive, I hit a very low point in my life and its taken me many years to pull myself back out – properly, happily and sustainably. I was able to gain some control and with the help of modern medicine we conceived our amazing son. With the heartache I prayed that I wouldn’t ever have to go through that again. We were blessed 10 months later with our incredible daughter!
My kids were my biggest shift in my life. They have truly made me into the woman and mom I am today and for that I am SO grateful.
As I celebrate myself – I am still so incredibly proud and giddy since seeing those numbers – but its not THE numbers… its ME. I did this. I made these choices. I have shaped my life. I am living unapologetically and completely authentic to ME!
Ive had a LOT of people reaching out asking… HOW? I shared not long ago but I will happily share my own experience again. This is what Ive found works with MY body and health to support PCOS, Endometriosis, Hypothyroidism and IBS.
- There is no quick fix! Seriously – do not fall for the gimmicks. Everyone’s bodies, minds, energy is all unique to YOU! So first step… be happy with who you are NOW!
- Mindset is EVERYTHING! Reach for the stars – BUT keep it realistic. If my original goal was to loose 60lbs I wouldn’t have attained it. Honestly my “goal” has never been tied to a number. Meditate – Check out these amazing meditations from one of my fav’s – Gabby Bernstein! I especially love the “Body Love” meditation! Meditate and Journal. Follow inspiring people on social media – release the negativity that can surround social media these days as well as the news, let the negative Nancy’s do their own thing and always rise above – not everyone will like you and you know what – thats OK! Be Happy. Start your day with gratitude – its amazing how when you set an intention for your day to flow with ease and grace that it CAN really happen! Ive been LOVING my DailyGreatness Journal/Planner (<– save 10% by using this code) to help me do this!
- Oils and Energy! Ive been sharing more lately about how energy can influence our lives more than we ever thought, Ive gotten some interesting feedback, comments etc (remember rise above). Energy is something Ive always felt drawn to, something as simple as getting an oracle deck and pulling some cards – the messages are unique and really do have impact on what is currently happening in our life. I became certified in Reiki 1 back in late 2016! Clearing and balancing chakra’s is a new FAV of mine for myself and my family. My kids, especially my son, asks for me to do this! I mention oils because that is a choice Ive made. 5.5 yrs ago to go a holistic way to support our family’s health. We have noticed significant improvements not just with me, with our entire family. Do your research, find an option that’s comfortable and feel’s natural for you! If you are interested in oils I am happy to help cause the ones we use work amazing!
- Eat and Drink what your body needs! Im newly Gluten free after starting a FODMAP diet which is an elimination diet, removing 6 categories of foods from your diet for a couple weeks then slowly adding things back in. I was initially feeling overwhelmed and stressed about such a significant change – its really not that bad. What it helped me realize is just how GOOD I can feel! That its NOT worth it to feel any other way! There are so many options as well. Eating out can be challenging, however most places have some great options! Since starting this “diet” which is more a lifestyle shift to figure out how to best support your body’s nutrition, my body lets me know pretty quickly if Ive eaten something I shouldn’t have. When I began, I told my family, bread will be fine why wouldn’t it be? After 2 1/2 weeks of not having Gluten, when I did, my body was not happy. I was bloated, had tummy pains, I also had this drive for MORE bread, with no “full feeling” to stop. Did you know this is a thing with Gluten!? This is what can cause so many people to not only over eat, but to also emotionally eat!!! Huge eye opener for me, as well as for my kiddos. Thinking back over the years, bread was always my go-to comfort food, especially pizza! Now Im learning how to still enjoy life like before, but Gluten free among some other things!
- Be comfortable in your own space – this includes your home, body, work etc. I truly believe this has been pivotal in supporting this shift in my life. This for a while was a block of mine and one I continually work on. For years I wanted to get healthier, but then I would look in my closet and think, ok if I shift my life and get healthier, IF I loose weight… I have to buy new clothes. This was a huge block of mine to work through, to be ok with spending the money when I needed to get new clothes, to be ok with buying new clothes (including bras and underwear) and then having to re-buy if I had to do it again…). Truth be told on this journey Ive had to buy new bra’s 3 separate times due to the band size shrinking. The first time, was challenging for me. After a family wedding we were in the city, so I went and got 5 new bras… this was September 2016. I didn’t have a lot of faith or belief in myself, I remember saying to my husband I might as well get a bunch because I will be this size for a while. About mid 2017 I had to replace all of them. 2018 I had to do the same. For my sisters wedding I had to get a strapless and low and behold Im down in band size again. In the new year, this is my next investment, as my bra’s from 2018 are at the tightest they can go and, well if you are a lady you know when the girls aren’t being supported the best! However… ladies you can understand when you have been blessed with a beautiful chest its an investment. I also am not able to shop for my bra’s where I used to because I am under their band size. The cups are in my range, but not the band size. A unique, but now slightly expensive situation to be in ! However Im taking this with a grain of salt, its worth it to spend the money to be healthy and comfortable. Whether you are wearing your bra and underwear or those and clothes lol! Ladies be ok with investing in YOU! For our home… this has been a big one! When we bought our house, we saw amazing potential. We bought from a nice couple, who were the original owners. Our home is now about 30 yrs old, so when we bought it was at the stage where it was ready for a refresh. We did that and more. This house is custom to US and we absolutely adore it. Its not a layout or design for everyone. For example our laundry mud room is completely open to our kitchen/dining, stairwell, living room. It allows the light to flow beautifully. There is minimal separation between all of our main floor common areas, but still enough to make it feel cozy and homey. We have one last major project now on the go that will truly finish our forever home and we are so excited! I truly am the type of person who needs to live in a space, to get a feel for it, and then adjust accordingly. In our past homes there were many days my husband would come home and I had completely rearranged our spaces. Yup somedays that meant the dining room was in another area, the living room had shifted as well and at the time having a baby, or toddlers, their toy spaces also shifted. I didn’t truly feel “settled” in our own home until this one. Because I could see the vision. I was excited for our vision. I was excited about spending money and time to make it our vision. I am forever grateful for the way we have all grown in this space and in making it ours.
As I celebrate MY Journey I am reminded how important this is. How important it is to acknowledge yourself, to honor yourself and the work Ive put in. To accept compliments, to be conscious in my decisions and to simply be grateful.
Now the fun continues… with this shift becomes new opportunities for continual growth and learning ❤