If there had to be one thing that really stood out from Power of Success its ENERGY!
Everything is energy and if you want to shift your life, you have to shift your energy in your soul!
This is one thing I have personally learned while taking control of my health! I am mastering my health and life one day at a time by honestly listening to my body, listening to my soul and trusting myself.
I have had alot of people lately asking me about my health. Asking the HOW… how did you lose the weight…
First let me start with, that’s NOT what I focused on at all! To be honest I knew deep down I could love my body, but I didn’t truly believe I could “lose the weight”. I had tried for years and the truth of the matter was, I wasn’t listening to ME!
I knew very clearly that my goal was not “to get skinny”. My goal was to be healthy, to have energy, to enjoy life!
So HOW did I loose weight…
- Be conscious in your day to day life. Its SO damn easy to get on the hamster wheel and just go, go go.🤯 But that’s not living. That’s simply going through the daily motions of life. Be purposeful. 🥰
- Make healthy choices. ✌When I decided it was time for a shift I went all in. I committed. No more buying boxes of chicken fingers to have in the freezer “just in case”. It was time to begin properly planning (which yes takes self discipline) food and being responsible. You know what, the healthier you eat, the better you feel, the more full you feel and honestly… you end up eating less because you feel more satisfied when you eat real food!!! Seriously!
- Drink more water. 💦 That’s a fricken given. Just drink more water and less sugary crap! Our bodies are vastly made up of water, if you feel thirsty, you are actually already dehydrated! 😬
- Do the work. 👊 And I actually don’t mean working out. Deal with shit in your past. Heal your energy. Research Reiki and Meditation. Its amazingly powerful and honestly I know both helped me shift energy is a massive way on my body to assist me in living my best and healthiest life. Right before I made this decision I completed my Reiki 1 course and can I just say how much not only I, but also my entire family loves the Reiki energy! I took the leap and have invested in myself with personal development courses, personal one on one coaching and have been grateful for every dollar spent! I’m a huge advocate of counselling, which honestly personal one on one coaching is honestly in my opinion that next step up because it also included energy work along with the coaching! Put any and all judgment or misconceptions aside, if someone judges you for investing in yourself with time or money… they have their own massive pile of shit to deal with #truthbomb. What you do not deal with, continues following you. One thing that really stood out hearing John Gray speak about relationships is that it may feel like the only option is to give up (on your health, marriage, friendships, job, school etc), whatever it is, but what good does that do? You simply keep running from the shit in your past you need to deal with and that “shit” for everyone is different. I can admit after experiencing major health challenges at only 23, including infertility and then being blessed with 2 babes in less than 18 months, my own self confidence took an even further nose dive and so did our marriage. Living a healthy conscious life honest to God was one of the best “fixes”! Its far to common seeing people just give up, because they don’t want to do the work. Do the freaking work whatever that means in your life.
- Take the vitamins, minerals, omegas and supplements YOUR body needs. We simply do not get enough nutrition in our food, sadly. I know my supplements I take have contributed to my health success!
- Move your body! If I can be honest though… that first year when the weight began melting off, it wasn’t because I was working my ass off in a gym. Other than gaining more energy and simply doing more at home, I did not work out. Nope. That was not my focus. It also wasn’t my focus because let’s be honest make shifts in your life that work for you and bring you peace. If something is going to stress you out, is it worth it? I added in exercise, yoga actually, the following year and literally watched myself gain some amazing strength and self confidence for this amazing body of mine.
- Reduce the toxins in your home. This for us was huge! Having endocrine invisible illnesses means my health (and let’s be real EVERYONE’S health) are affected by endocrine disruptors which are in so many products commercially sold today. Ditch them! Ditch the toxins and chemicals. We went the holistic route, and yes before you ask… we were judged big time! But I didn’t stop. I knew in my heart and soul this was what we needed to do. Everything from shampoo, conditioner, soap (body, dishes, laundry…), cleaners – this one is huge, health products – headaches, cold, flu and so much more, deodorant.
- Read the labels! Reduce dues and colours, sugar, salt, ingredients you can barely pronounce…All of this shit honestly affects our mental health and Inpersonally believe is a major contributor in why so many people are struggling. Think of all the “cheap” food you can buy… and guys for the love of God do NOT buy that cheap food from the dollar store 😬 Yikes!
- Be a real example for your kids. I’m a big advocate that no one is perfect, cause we aren’t. When you fall down – get back up. Mistakes are only a waste if you do not learn from them. My kids have called me out on bad choices, and I used to think they shouldn’t see me fail that I had to be perfect, that was pure bullshit. Haha apparently the potty mouth real version of me is doing the writing today. Let your kids see that mistakes are learning opportunities, cause they are. Our past does not define us, like I used to believe. For many of us our past includes things we aren’t proud of or even some form of abuse, emotional or physical. Rise above. This will show your children it’s ok to rise up, its ok to make a mistake and learn, we are always growing and learning. If you aren’t, you honestly aren’t living. Yup I still remind myself of this all the freaking time.
- Educate yourself on the real correlation between how what we feel emotionally is directly tied to how we are feeling physically. Which also goes back to…do the work and deal with your shit 🤣
The reality of my HOW is there is NO quick fix. There is nothing you can drink, a pill you can take to magically change your life without shifting your entire life and doing the work!
Yes I was blessed with incredible success with my health, that still to this day is improving each and every day. Because I do the work. I choose healthy. I choose to indulge but am much more smarter about it. I still enjoy my wine. All in moderation. I still enjoy chocolate, when I am smart about it, it’s dark and in small amounts. However if I do indulge in milk chocolate (and instantly honestly feel the massive sugar rush) I dont beat myself up, I admit if I feel shitty, support my body with what I need and love forward.
Honestly, if I can do this, anyone can! I am approaching the 50lbs lost mark since January 2017. I’ve lost well over 45″, I honestly haven’t measured in a while. I feel SO good! The best part… I truly love my body. 💗
It’s been over 5 years since we introduced the holistic lifestyle to our household and family and almost 3 years since my massive health shift which impacted my weight. I feel so much healthier, I have more energy, I am living my best life and loving where our life has taken us. I am so proud of us, because I can’t just say this was all me. My husband and kids have been my biggest support system and have embraced this lifestyle with me. For that and them, I am so grateful!