My anxiety levels have been increasing lately, slowly but surely. I could feel that I was feeling ‘off’ however kept telling myself “its not a big deal”. Change IS a big deal. Even when change is good. Even when change is “small” Change, I am realizing is challenging to our family – even when its good change.
Last weekend – all weekend I completely forgot to take my supplements. These supplements are the true backbone to my health. I noticed on Sunday evening when I began feeling this ‘off’ feeling. It hit me… I wasn’t making ME a priority. I was letting the life circumstances and all the feels with those circumstances run me.
The next phase of our ‘whole home reno’ began last weekend. The day after we celebrated as a family our daughter’s 10th!
I am SO excited for this phase. Its tying all the shared spaces together on the main floor that we’ve worked so hard to create.
Its tossed up our routine. Its tossed up my routine. My kids, my husband’s as well.
We are so fortunate to have a handy 2 piece ensuite in our bedroom – thankful for that. Hubby claims this bathroom as his. It has worked well for us as our main bathroom right outside of our bedroom, is then mine and I share the shower with him 😉. The kids have their own large bathroom to share – lucky for them it was renovated twice in a matter of months lol!
This reno does not technically uproot our life. We have two other bathrooms. It has however uprooted our daily routine and this “small” change has my anxiety level on the rise.
So what am I doing to combat this now that Ive called it out…
- Its OK that our family thrives on routine and consistency – this is us and I love us! When out of routine its OK to be OK with not being OK… OK!
- Take the damn supplements – makes a significant impact on my daily life and health.
- Get the diffuser going in the morning with uplifting happy and grounding oils. Scent plays in incredible part in our mental health – especially these potent oils! ❤
- Get the oils ON me and us. As the parents we are conscious about getting these oils on our kids morning and night because we know it is beneficial to their emotional and physical health – it doesn’t have to be ‘hard’ to remember to do the same for ourselves – although sometimes it is.
- Write – I find writing helps me so much. I need to write more. I need to be ok with being transparent, being vulnerable. We have incredible life goals and its OK to go through these steps to reach these goals and not feel OK all the friggin time. That’s life. Life can be over whelming and its OK. Whats not OK is bottling this up and thinking that its not OK or worrying what others may think. Be ME always!
- Embrace my strengths… somewhat shocking to me my #1 strength based on the Clifton Strength Finder… Futuristic – explains a LOT 😉 ! The others ring very true for me as well. Embrace these strengths of what makes me – ME and be proud. One of the reasons why I have been able to ‘get through’ these massive reno’s is most likely because I am futuristic. I love visualizing. The entire reno I have been able to visualize what we were planning, what we were working towards – seeing our family IN the space. Its what helped make it so much more worth it for me and pushed me through those hard times. Also being an empath means I am very sensitive to emotions myself and those of others.
- Futuristic – People who are especially talented in the Futuristic theme are inspired by the future and what could be. They inspire others with their visions of the future.
- Significance – People who are especially talented in the Significance theme want to be important in the eyes of others. They are independent and want to be recognized.
- Empathy – People who are especially talented in the Empathy theme can sense the feelings of other people by imagining themselves in others lives or others situations.
- Achiever – People who are especially talented in the Achiever theme have a great deal of stamina and work hard. They take great satisfaction from being busy and productive.
- Focus – People who are especially talented in the Focus theme can take a direction, follow through and make the corrections necessary to stay on task. They prioritize, then act.
- Make a list – when I have things swirling around in my head its difficult to focus on what I truly need to focus on.
- Do nothing – even with a long list of things to do, sometimes I need to just do nothing and that’s ok!
- Ask for help. It really is ok – it doesn’t mean you are any less of a person.
- Have a plan on paper and communicate. For anything whether it’s a renovation or even just planning a meal.
This morning after enjoying a tea made by my hubby, got the diffuser going in the main living area, having a relaxing shower while thinking of all I want to accomplish today, I also reached for 2 of our newest oils. Ones that I am truly thankful for… Neroli and Copaiba. Even as an avid oiler with an every oil collection on my wall, I still at times need to remind myself to USE the oils on ME!
Neroli is incredible at supporting the emotions, its one I quite honestly never thought I would be that drawn to as it is a floral scent, however when I put it on my entire body goes AHhhhhhh. I learned from Desiree Mangandog to apply Neroli on the tops of the arms to support emotions. I also apply on my wrists and back of neck, sometimes over my heart centre.
Copaiba is one that I was taking internally and got out of habit – changes of routine has a way of doing this to me ;). It is an oil that is so valuable for many body systems including the nervous system. So this morning I took a couple drops internally.
Already I can feel myself calming, able to focus on my day and the things I want to accomplish and embrace life with a clearer mind.
Cheers to a productive Saturday and Weekend 😀